Red Seal Chef Chris Hounsell (formerly of Bistro 990, Toronto) is seeking passionate, motivated apprentice chefs who are serious about their craft to join the kitchen team at Fish Bowl Restaurant & Bar, a dynamic new dining destination located in the Courtyard by Marriott St. John's. To further explore this unique and exciting culinary opportunity, please contact email@example.com with an updated CV and references.
"A Rollicking Newfoundland Time!"
O'Reilly's famous Irish Newfoundland Pub is one of a kind, located in the heart of Newfoundland's famous Entertainment District, George Street. Join us at O'Reilly's for a rollicking Newfoundland time that will dance in your hearts for years to come! Live music is the rule – every night of the week featuring the best in local Irish Newfoundland music.
Where Live Music & Good Times Never End
Onstage at O'Reilly's Irish Newfoundland Pub on George Street:
Mon Oct 20 – Bill Kelly (5pm), Ron Kelly & Robert Kelly (8pm), Ceiligh (11pm) Tue Oct 21 – TBA (7pm), OPEN MIC (10pm), Acoustic Bishops (midnight) Wed Oct 22 – Chris Hennessy (7pm), Heel & Toe (10:30) Thu Oct 23 – Fergus O'Byrne (5pm), Eastern Passage (8:15pm), The Irish Descendants (11:30) Fri Oct 24 – Chris Hennessy (5pm), TBA (8:15), TBA (11:30) Sat Oct 25 – Bill Kelly (5pm), TBA (8:15), TBA (11:30) Sun Oct 26 – Traditional Session hosted by Fergus Brown O'Byrne & Tony O'Brien (3pm), Fergus O'Byrne (6:30), Con O'Brien & Patrick Moran (10pm)
Mon Oct 27 – Bill Kelly (5pm), Ron Kelly & Robert Kelly (8pm), Ceiligh (11pm) Tue Oct 28 – TBA (7pm), OPEN MIC (10pm), Acoustic Bishops (midnight) Wed Oct 29 – Chris Hennessy (7pm), Heel & Toe (10:30) Thu Oct 30 – Fergus O'Byrne (5pm), TBA (8:15pm), The Irish Descendants (11:30)
It was truly amazing to sit there and have everyone, all ages, all backgrounds, sit and sing the same song all together over a beer... If you want a real taste of what St. John's has to offer, I'd say this pub is a wonderful place to start!"
- Siri W. (Vancouver BC via Yelp)
The great people of St. John's treated us all like old friends, as did the bartenders... Very cool vibe all around. We all loved O'Reilly's and it was a great introduction to the local flavour."
If you're looking for your 15 minutes of fame, O'Reilly's is the place to be every Tuesday night when we host our wildly popular "Open Mic Night." The stage is yours to sing a song, play a tune, dance a jig – whatever you've got.
PLACES TO VISIT IN ST. JOHN’S
• Signal Hill & Fort Amherst – Think of these two landmarks as the gatekeepers to St. John's. Signal Hill gets most of the glory but there have been fortifications at Fort Amherst since the 1770s.
• Cape Spear – The most easterly point in North America boasts amazing views and walking trails and has been home to a lighthouse since 1836.
• The George Street Experience – With more bars per square foot of any street in North America, George Street is synonymous with a good time.
• The Rooms – The Rooms united the Provincial Archives, Art Gallery and Museum under one roof. And what a roof it is!